Last week’s Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) conference was my second time going to the cozy blogger community event. This year was focused on monetizing your blog. Panels on affiliate marketing dominated the second day and I had a premonition that we will turn all our blogs into online malls. Not to worry, there are plenty of the “tell-it-like-it-is” quotes and style spotlights below.
1. Susie Lau said that if she was starting out today, she would not be a fashion blogger. “It’s a lot harder. If I had to start a blog now, I wouldn’t. I’d be too chicken.” -@stylebubble
2. Co-Founder & CEO of Bloglovin: “Fuck brands, make your own clothing line.” -Mattias Swenson,@bloglovin
4. Birthbox’s CEO Talk: How did @birchbox get beauty brands excited without a website? ”Small ask and big idea.” Every slide in Katia Beauchamp’s deck showed skill, strategy and analysis. I have a newfound respect for her and Birchbox.
6. All three Cambridge Satchel giveaway winners wore the same H&M sweater. I love how they each had their own spin on it.
7. Fashion blogger and host @KarenBritChick gave my Roni NY dress a style shootout onstage. Thanks, girl!
See more quotes and pictures from IFB conference by following the hashtag #IFBcon here!